
Well, I guess I am not sure that you can call our place a ranch, but thats how I like to think of it. Here are our four little "ranch hands" having their daily break, eating a tangerine from our tree (Phil tries to keep them on a limit of one per day, in an effort to make them last longer). Notice the sticks, thats to protect themselves from the "big" rooster who they call "Tom Peck". Its kind of ironic that Bella is the least scared of "Tom", the other day she went after him saying "No, No, Tom Peck!"

This is one of the big bad roosters stealing a drink from Duke's water, which he knows he better watch out or Duke will chase him away. They have a love hate relationship.

Bella is my right hand helper, she loves being outside , helping with the chickens, and now she has her very own chore of taking care of Alice.
We still have Duke, although different times we have considered selling him and finding a horse thats already fully trained, or a pony, but I guess when it comes down to it we still really like him.

So there you have it, a little glimpse of our "ranch", we really do like it, I love being able to let the girls play outside and not worry about them, to have the responsibilty of taking care of animals. Its a great way to grow up.......at least we think so! :)
Sheila, I love this little glimpse of the ranch...how sweet life looks! Your girls are precious and I just wish closer. This doesn't look like FL...and I love that ya'll have a bit of both worlds down there. Oh, I am glad you are updating this. I will keep checking back and I hope you continue! Love ya.
ReplyDeleteSheila....love your blog too!! Your girls are all so pretty just like their Mommy...and the chicken pics absolutely CrAcK ME uP!!!! SO cute!
ReplyDeleteLook forward to seeing you in a couple weeks!!
Susan